A full-service advisory firm, Ashmore Consulting drives informed decisions when it comes to all aspects of site selection, economic development consulting, and business incentives. Committed to delivering the highest in quality service, we bring experience, key economic development stakeholder relationships, relevant economic incentive, and real estate market knowledge, cutting edge technology and comprehensive, tailored solutions. Our clients are industry leaders in need of a strategy and trusted partner to negotiate, implement and manage the process.
Founded by Julie Ashmore, JD, Julie spent the first half of her career in various roles and responsibilities in local, state, and regional government, the nonprofit and the private sector. Her career elevated, to be a business advisor and senior consultant for KPMG and Ernst & Young, where she advised and managed clients from mid-market domestic and international organizations to Fortune 500, 1000 and Global 1000 firms.
During her tenure at these firms, it became clear to Julie that small and medium sized businesses were not incorporating business incentives into their business planning and strategy processes. She often heard “we don’t qualify,” or “we are not growing”, when in fact, they just needed guidance and to be well-served. Hence, in 2011, Ashmore Consulting, a full-service advisory firm, was born. Julie’s work reflects her life’s journey-providing high-quality, customized services to businesses, positively impacting people, clients, and communities-growing, serving, and solving.
With over 24 years of economic development and state and local taxation, site selection, tax credits and business incentives experience and supporting clients in over 35 states, Ashmore Consulting is considered the go-to experts when it comes to maximizing tax credits, business incentives and in the identification of strategic business locations. They guide executives and businesses of all sizes through the process of designing a portfolio of strategies and leveraging it for overall savings, cost reductions and increased profitability.
Julie brings expertise and a fresh perspective to the financial challenges’ businesses face while growing. In her spare time, Julie is passionate about youth development and pouring into the next generation. She currently serves as Vice President for Girls Inc. of Johnson County, an organization dedicated to providing encouragement, STEM education, and economic stabilization for young women. Additionally, Julie spends time with Scott, her husband of 20 years, her nieces and nephews, engaging in outdoor activities, and traveling anywhere new.
- Strategically negotiated, implemented and managed tax credit, grants and non-tax solutions for capital investment projects in 35 states and in most regions of the United States.
- Over 24 years of experience in various aspects of state and local taxation, site selection and business incentives.
- Serving startup to publicly held companies.
- Secured more than $570 million in federal, state and local tax credits and incentives for clients.
Ashmore Consulting’s Core Beliefs:
We believe in and are committed to:
- Excellence: We commit to excel in all that we do.
- Innovation: We commit to be creative, responsive, and progressive.
- Integrity: We commit to be honest, ethical, authentic, and accessible.
- Inclusiveness: We commit to embrace equity, inclusion, and diversity in people and ideas.
- Social Responsibility: We commit to act for the benefit of society at large.
- Gratitude: We commit to express appreciation to others and to demonstrate our gratitude through our actions.
- 90% of the work is managed by our team of experienced staff. We serve as project point of coordination, research, and curate data, apply and report on behalf the client.
- We partner with our clients and guide them through the process, so they don’t miss out on business incentives ranging from 7-35% return of project costs.
- We prevent costly mistakes during the process and connect you with the appropriate people and resources to get approved within your project timeline.
- We reduce risk and ensure accuracy and consistency throughout the process – from start to finish.
- We help to reduce long-term operating costs, on average by 30% through location analysis.